Woman Dies In Port Austin Fire

A 60-year-old woman has died in a house fire in Huron County’s Hume Township.

Port Ausitn firefighters were sent to the 1200 block of Port Austin Rd. around 7:25 p.m. Thursday, January 21 for a report of a trailer home fire. They discovered a body collapsed on the floor near the doorway and pulled it from the home, fearing the structure would collapse.

After several hours, investigators determined the victim was Terry A. Glowacki, the lone occupant of the home. Investigators say Glowacki was celebrating her 60th birthday with alcohol. The home was heated by space heaters, which investigators believe started the fire.

Glowacki last spoke with someone after 7:00 p.m. and it was believed she could smell smoke at that time. An autopsy is scheduled for the near future.

Other agencies responding were the Kinde Area Fire Department, Huron Central Ambulance North and the Caseville Fire Department.