Weather Alert

Smoke Investigation Prompts Response From Several Fire Departments

A careless cook is being blamed for a late afternoon smoke investigation.

Kochville Township firefighters responded to the Residence Inn on Cardinal Square Blvd. around 4:45 p.m. Tuesday, September 24. Officials say the incident stemmed from unattended food in a  microwave oven. Carrollton and Tittabawassee Township fire crews assisted along with personnel from Zilwaukee.

No damage was reported with firefighters clearing smoke from the building  before leaving after roughly a half-hour. No injuries occurred.


Connect With Us Listen To Us On