Weather Alert

Small Fire At Bay City Central High Results In No Damage Or Injuries

Bay City firefighters responded briefly to Central High School on Columbus Ave. after someone noticed flames in a third floor bathroom wastebasket around 10:25 a.m. Wednesday, May 1.

The fire was quickly doused with water poured into the basket, leaving no damage.

Fire crews left within 15-20 minutes after clearing smoke from the bathroom and adjacent hallway. No injuries were reported. School officials suspect a student flicked a cigarette into the wastebasket starting the fire.



Connect With Us Listen To Us On