Residents Urged To Keep Vents And Hydrants Clear of Snow

Bangor Township Fire Department in Bay County issued a safety reminder to their residents which is applicable to everyone in Michigan.

With the blowing snow causing snow drifts be sure to check that your vent pipes are clear of snow. A blocked vent pipe for your furnace, water heater or dryer can cause Carbon Monoxide to be trapped and vent into your home. If you don’t have a detector for Carbon Monoxide you won’t know it’s in the house being it’s odorless and colorless. Also don’t pile snow around fire hydrants. If they are buried in snow we won’t be able to access and utilize them in a hurry if needed. Please be safe today.