Weather Alert

Carbon Monoxide Leak Hospitalizes Bay County Couple

A Bay County couple were rescued from their home Tuesday, February 9 after it filled with carbon monoxide.

Police say the couple did not have a working carbon monoxide detector in the home. Police responded to the residence in the 1700 block of S. Knight Rd. around 8:00 p.m. They say a 62-year-old woman and her 64-year-old husband woke up feeling dizzy and sick, though the woman was able to unlock the side door of the house. She was also able to call 9-1-1. Police say they were able to enter the house and open all the windows, getting the woman and her husband out, who was on the bathroom floor.

The couple was treated at Ascension Saint Mary’s and are expected to be okay. Testing showed the house had carbon monoxide levels of 1,700 parts per million. The investigation is ongoing.



Connect With Us Listen To Us On